Words from the President
Apimondia is the International Federation of Beekeepers’ Associations and other organisations working within the apiculture sector. The Federation was founded by resolutions passed at the XIII International Apicultural Congress of 1949 in Amsterdam and is the successor to the International Apiarist Congress Secretariat founded in 1895. Apimondia exists to promote scientific, technical, ecological, social and economic apicultural development in all countries.
A major objective of APIMONDIA is to facilitate the exchange of information and discussions. This is done by organising Congresses and Symposia where beekeepers, scientist, honey-traders, agents for development, technicians and legislators meet to listen, discuss and learn from one another. There is a great need to meet the people with whom you communicate, face to face. But we must go further and apply a new strategy with audacious initiatives:
- to set-up five new "Regional Commissions" (one per continent) beside the seven existing "Scientific Commissions". The goals are to obtain a more efficient and balanced Executive Council and an effective tool to help beekeepers and their bees worldwide,
- to create several Apimondia Working Groups (AWGs) in order to solve urgent and less-urgent problems,
- to provide judicious Apimondia Digital Kits (ADKs), compilation of PDF files with added value information,
- to foster better partnerships with UNO agencies, beekeeping entities and regional associations worldwide.
To achieve the above goals we need your support:
- ask your beekeepers’ association to join our Federation,
- become an Apimondia Member yourself,
- participate in the next International Congress in South Korea,
- tell people about this website and, please, give us your suggestions to improve this website and YOUR Federation!
F-24420 Coulaures - France
Tel.: +33 (0)5 53 05 91 13
Mobile: +33 (0)6 07 68 49 39