President of the Commission
Mr. Etienne Bruneau
Collection of information relating to the technologies and equipment used for apiary activities in temperate, cold and tropical climates, both for honey production and other additional products: wax, pollen, royal jelly, propolis, venom and brood-comb.
Experiments, then popularisation of these methods and tools through conferences, symposia and Internet
Exchanges with the six other standing commissions for a better understanding of the beekeeping world (biology, economy, pathologies, etc.) and a better choice of technical methods and equipment.
Consultations for the development of the bee-products within the framework of the norms with various organisations such as Codex alimentarius, WHO, FAO, FEEDEM, IHC, HIPA, European Union,...
Collaboration with new experimental fields:
- biological specifications
- bee products pharmaceutical specification (within the context of apitherapy)
- how to manage African bees
- pollination (in open fields and in greenhouses)
- honey harvest with melipones
- use of GPS and GIS
Collection of articles for the magazine Apiaca
Development of databases on:
- behaviour of bee colonies
- beehive material and apiary equipment
- transhumance equipment
- honey house equipment
- honey houses
Checking of technological based activities:
- uses of plastic
- uses of pheronomes
- techniques of honey adulteration
- in the EU Directives on "Honey"
- update of the "Codex Alimentarius"
- collaboration with IHC (International Honey Commission)
Keeping an interactive forum on the net to maintain prompt communication between scientists, experts and beekeepers.
Dr. Lihong Chen (China), vice-president and responsible of the sub-commission "Quality of the Bee Products"
Dr. Werner von der Ohe (Germany), responsible of the sub-commission "Laboratories and Analysis" + Peter Martin
Dr. Stefan Bogdanov (Suitzerland), vice-president of the International Honey Commission
Janez Hočevar (Slovenia), responsible of the sub-commission "Classification & codes"
Gilles Fert (France), responsible of the sub-commission "Queen breeding"
Dr. Tom Sanford (USA)
Antonio Gomez Pacuelo (Spain)