President of Apitherapy Commission
Dr. Cristina Mateescu Ph.D.
Ph.D. - Senior Researcher in biochemistry, pharmacology and apitherapy
To define, to construct and reinforce the structure of Apitherapy as Natural Medicine and to promote the knowledge and the recognition of beehive products to the medical, paramedical world and to the general public in order to secure alternative food sources, to ensure a safe and healthy nutrition and a complementary health care system, in line with the World Health Organization Strategy of promoting traditional and complementary medicines (CAM) all over the world.
- To define the legitimate place of api-therapy (legislation, medical practice, medical education, scientific substantiation) among natural therapies (traditional, complementary and alternative medicines – TCAM);
- To set up quality and safety standards/criteria, for beehive products with medicinal destination;
- To create recognized treatment indications and clinical protocols allowing comparison of treatments for efficacy and safety and thus to map the relation of apitherapy to classical medicine and to define its therapeutical limits.
- To assist in developing a natural Api-pharmacopoeia working together with FAO for SDGs
- To adapt treatment possibilities harmonising various countries' resources with their medicinal needs, thereby increasing their autonomy from industrial medicine as well as creating new categories of work as well as opportunities for work.
Dr. János KÖRMENDY-RÁCZ – Scientific secretary
President - Hungarian Apitherapy Association, President of the Hungarian Apitherapy Society President of agricultural development commitee of Nagykovácsi, Board Member of the Hungarian Bio Beekeepers
Prof.dr. Badiaa Lyoussi – Morocco – Pharmacology of bee products
Professor, Director of Research, Head of Laboratory Physiology- Pharmacology-Environmental Health, Department of Biology, Experimental and Clinical Pharmacology group. University of Fez, Morocco
Dr. Cristina Aosan – Romania - Clinical trials
Medical doctor, competence in api-phyto-aromatherapy, Melidava, Romania, lecturer and trainer for medical doctors in api-phyto-aromatherapy competence
Dr. Nicolas Cardinault – France – Nutrition
Dr. Alejandra Lopez Pazos –– Chile - Veterinarian surgeon
Implementing protocols for Veterinary medicine, acupuncture, scientific Apitherapy for animals, traditional Chinese medicine -
Dr. Ali Timucin Atayoglu, MD. – Turkey - Scientific publications
Founder and Chairman of Turkish Apitherapy Association, Medipol Medical Center
President of the International Federation of Apitherapy
Prof.dr. Ahmed Hegazi – National Research Center, Giza, Egypt
Thomas Gloger – Api-Zentrum Ruhr, Germany
Antonio Couto – Portugal